Broadband and spectral solar radiation
on horizontal and inclined surfaces (simulation and measurements).
Daylight (measurements and applications).
Atmospheric optics, atmospheric physics,
Energy balance and climatic change.
UV and IR spectral bands (measurements
Atmospheric pollution (simulation and
- New versions of the Meteorological Radiation Model (MRM)
freeware code developed by ART. MRM calculates broadband
solar radiation on horizontal surface from meteorological
data only. This code has been used by The Chartered Institution
of Building Services Engineers (UK) to fill gaps in solar
radiation measurements in the British Solar Radiation Network.
- First spectral solar radiation measurements in Greece.
- Application of the Unsworth-Monteith turbidity parameters
for the first time in Greece.
- Investigation about tracking and non-tracking modes of
the solar panel on a solar thermosyphon for best techno-economical
- Investigation about the air pollution levels and effects
at a coastal urban area.
- Design and construction of a light pipe for daylighting
- Technical specifications for a Greek LIDAR-DIAL system.
- Corrections to the calculations of the zero-plane displacement
and roughness length.
- Climatological and meteorological statistical studies.
- Internal boundary-layer studies in the Greater Athens
- Recent findings about the atmospheric turbidity evolution
and aerosol radius distribution in GAA.
| Recent Results from Research
||Total NO2 column
over Athens, Greece, during January 20 (solid line, squares)
and June 19, 1997 (dashed line, triangles).
wavelength exponent in the Athens area, Greece, during
January 20 (symbol: x) and June 19, 1997 (symbol: ?).
of the Municipality of Kalamaria, in the outskirts of
Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece in June 1997.