The data presented are collected on-line from the Meteorological & Actinometric Station of the IERSD-NOA,
located at Methoni area, Messinia, Peloponnese.
These data are updated every 10 minutes.
The automatic meteorological station at Methoni is deployed under the collaboration between IERSD/NOA and NEO (Navarino Earth Observatory).
Thanks to Dr. E. Gerasopoulos, Director of Research at IERSD, G. Maneas, Researcher at NEO and N. Kappos for their valuable help during the station deployment.
(1) The value of the cumulative precipitation is reset to zero at 08:00 and at 20:00 every day.
(2) The values of irradiance are referred to horizontal plane.
(3) The wind measurments are at 6m above the ground.
(4) The values of Heat or Discomfort Index are estimated using Air Temperature and Relative Humidity measurements.
(5) The values of Wind Chill are estimated using Air Temperature and Wind Speed measurements.
(6) The values of irradiance on tilted surfaces with different orientations are estimated incorporating HAY's model.
For PV applications, estimation of irradiance received on different tilted surfaces and using different models can be available after communication with the Reseacher involved.
Position of Methoni Station
36° 49.53' N.
Longitude: 21° 42.26' E.
Height above sea level: 53m
Starting Day: January 2016
Dr. Psiloglou Vassilis
+30 210 8109133